I am huge chocolate fan and love love love brownies. But ever since I started by sugar intake restriction its been hard to not have any more choclatee brownies. Here is a recipe that works as well and is a healthier version of the original and its as gooey and yummy and hits the spot!
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 bar or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 TBS of butter melted
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia (sweet drops)
- 1cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips to mix in
- ½ a bar of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup half & half
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees grease a baking pan and set aside.
- Add eggs to the mixer and mix till the eggs are fluffy.
- Add greek yogurt, vanilla extract and liquid stevia and mix well.
- Melt chocolate & butter together in the microwave in 30 sec increments so as to not burn it. Mix until completely melted.
- Add this to the mixer and mix in medium speed.
- Mix almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt to it and mix till incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips!
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges are slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- When brownies are finished baking, place the pan on a wire rack and cool.
- While the brownies are baking, make the ganache.
- Add half and half to a small saucepan and warm over medium-high heat until it just begins to bubble. Take care to not let it boil.
- Turn off heat, add in chopped chocolate and vanilla and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from burner and let cool slightly. The ganache thickens as it cools.
- Once the brownie is cooled slightly, pour some chocolate syrup on the top and then pour ganache over it. Make sure to spread it over the entire brownie while it is a little warm.
- Pour chocolate syrup on top of the ganache as desired.
- Let the ganache firm by placing it in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut and serve!